Thursday, February 26, 2009

a little more

Also, I wanted to say with these new images, I was thinking about images in the city, want to use images from my time here. I have noticed above some doorways and windowsills that there are these little y-shaped spikes, and I think they are to keep the pigeons away. I started using a similiar mark in some of the prints. I also read (In Uncle John's Bathroom Reader), that pigeons mate for life. I was thinking how people think they are gluttonous and a nuisance, when really they are committed and resourceful. I don't know about actually using pigeons in the work, but I was thinking about them (interesting how this ties in with the locusts) and how they are generally considered somewhat pesty and ubiquitous. But I think it really got me that they mate for life. That's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment