Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Art blog!






Hmmm, first let me say thank you to the invite, and what a great idea! Here is some stuff I am thinking about. The first two are just shots from my room that I think would be fun to blow up into a large photo, the next ones are watercolor monoprint plates that actually looked cooler as plates. I wasn't so crazy about the actual prints, though it was nice to see the layers starting to break down as I kept printing the ghosts, which created some lovely passages that while nice on their own, can't hold the print by themselves. Still working on that. I am hoping I can redeem the actual prints by drawing back into them. This process has been great, since it allows me to work at home and then take the dry plates to the shop and print them.

3 comments:

  1. the birds make me think of that whimsical bird painting you did in undergrad-- the one david maxwell bought. are you still in to funny birds? or are they serious now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, i was signed in to mike's email. but it's me posting. not him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like funny birds and serious birds. I think I would like to use them if I could find a way to do it without being cliche.

    ReplyDelete