Saturday, February 28, 2009

Drawing detail.


Here is a detail of a drawing -- hopefully I will post the full drawing later. The scanner just wasn't big enough to accomodate, and I didn't feel like getting out the camera. Used rice and water color, pen and graphite. This is from Dec. I think. I started drawing with rice and watercolor, and took the rice off later so that the color would pool around it and create washes. I was thinking about sadness and winter and Persephone, her eating the seeds of the pomegranate (?) in Hades, and locking herself into staying there for a certain number of months. I have to go back and look, but I think it was really Demeter, her mother, who bargained to get her out of there for part of the year. Not sure how this connects to the other stuff, but sometimes disparate work eventually starts to inform the other, so I'm puttin' in out there. I am so happy about this blog, by the way!

1 comment: