Thursday, February 26, 2009

Images loaded from last week






So I think, hope, pray these images loaded. It took me awhile. I had to do them one or two at a time. These are photos I took and then worked a little bit on in photoshop and printed over monoprints that I worked on at Robert Blackburn. Mainly I printed on the ghosts. I am not crazy about them, but love the fabric and scaffolding, so those images could be integrated into drawings and paintings eventually when I get set up in Dallas. I think I have some printer lines. Also the fabric had these orange cords running through it at regular intervals, which, when printed looked like a printer malfunction, so I also painted on top of the images with watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about how these were made! Did you run them through a printer? Are they on fabric? Which are the parts that you painted over? These are interesting. I especially like the last one.

    I'm glad to see you doing something with city images before you leave. I often take for granted how specific places shape our vision-- and our stay is so temporal, that we have to capture it before we move on.

    The images are a bit harrowing... heavy. Very industrial. Do you think so? More pics! I want to see more! Even sketches.

    We may need to start a separate forum for insectophiles...

    ReplyDelete